Coaching & Mentoring Skills
The Coaching and Mentoring focuses on how to better coach your employees to higher performance. Coaching is a pro- cess of relationship building and setting goals. How well you coach is related directly to how well you are able to foster a great working relationship with your employees through understanding them and setting strategic goals.
- Develop an understanding of the principles of coaching and mentoring
- Understand the part that coaching and mentoring plays in the performance management context
- Identify the competencies a manager must develop in order to be an effective coach.
- Be able to use the GROW model with a high-comfort level and efficacy in both coaching and mentoring contexts
- Be able to create a nurturing & productive environment
- Understand how personalities & communication styles can create conflict
- Develop an understanding of productive questioning skills
- Opportunity to develop and practice the skills in a supportive environment, and receive feedback and skill-coaching on their performance
- Confidently use their new knowledge and skills in the workplace and have a clear plan of action to implement